Sunday, December 21, 2008

Of the Wilderness… and Even Wilder Dreams

Someday, when Santa gave that castle I asked him of (it will fall from the sky like “The Flying House”), I would live this wonderful life every day of my existence.

Behind the dream castle, trees grow tall in the backyard giving me lots of fresh air.


I’d take a walk in the tall grasses… and inhale that sweet scent of the morning dew.I stop by and notice one small wild flower.

And roll down in the grass to admire the sky.



Then, as though I catch the blue-ness of the sky I just saw, I make my sister a wreath of forget-me-nots…


But we have to get up. Because lunch is waiting…



Because we have with us slices of baguette and bagels and herbed cream cheese and eggplant tandoori topping, and artichoke dip and marmalade…





And embutido and empanaditas…


And pancit and pasta…



On my lap is a bowl of yoghurt and fresh fruits and muesli.
************
Someday, when I have the perfect residence and lots of money, I will be happy. I will have every means to enjoy life.

************



But that someday sounds like a thousand years. I don’t wait for that someday. It is best to live our best lives NOW.

5 comments:

Manggy said...

Very wise words, huntress :) I get a little itchy just looking at the talahib, though :P

My eyes focus in on the embutido most of all-- one of my favorite party dishes!

gypsy soul said...

hoy saan ito? lamyerda na naman kayo.

waaah...magtira kayo embotido! saan galing yan? did you cook that?

Lisa Johnson said...

It looks like you are living the good life now! Happy Holidays and all the best in 2009! ; )

1Northeast said...

Manggy, I am used to the talahib in the wild..haha. Yes- that embutido was nice.

Elay, it's in the peripherals of UP. Will send you recipe for embutido...

1Northeast said...

Happy Holidays too Anali! Tomorrow unfolds one day at a time :)