Monday, June 1, 2009

Foodhuntress and the Art of War

As execution chef to a chain of restaurants, I think your highest potential is not that of cooking nor being a good manager, but that of being able to distance yourself calmly from the chaos of everything - and win numerous wars unscathed.

I fired five people this weekend. One head chef and four line cooks. It is a long story, and I do feel a little sad about everything. But sometimes, we have to cut off the horns of a monster before it devours the whole empire.

You have guessed my bedside book all these days...


To fight and conquer in all your battles is not supreme excellence; supreme excellence consists in breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting.-Sun Tzu, the Art of War

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Whoa, Huntress strikes again. Can I have an appointment with you? I need to write a magazine article about a chef. Uhurm. A warrior masquerading as a chef.